HGA it’s simple boy

So this is it.

It’s time to end the four year-long chapter of my life that was high school.

I could talk about how Señor Johnson and Mr. Stevens were some of the best teachers and role models I had in my entire high school career: great teachers as well as quality men.

I could talk about how much Mrs. Allen made me a better writer and student even though I passionately hated her class.

I could talk about how all the ponchas Hache gave me were not “justo,” Pero eso sería estúpido.

I could write an entire column on Mrs. Horst and I am sure the other counselors are great, but simply put, if your last name doesn’t fall between an O and a Z, then you’re straight outta luck.

Part of me wants to get on a soapbox and spew advice I wish I’d known, and rant about all the stuff I think people are doing wrong with their lives, but that’s the beauty of life, everyone does their own thing, makes their own decisions, and has their own result.

Plus, I’m here for more than that, I’m here to live my life and bring God glory in the process.

For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?” Find that in First Corinthians chapter 4, specifically verse number 7. This is the verse that sits on my heart right now.

Any skill I have exhibited, any good thing that has come my way, and anything I’ve ever accomplished; all the credit goes to God. He created me this way, and has given me all the opportunities I’ve had in life.

Every single good thing that has happened in my life is because of Him. All the thanks and praise go to him. I am so grateful for God placing so many quality people in my life who have helped me to become the person I am today.

I am thankful that God sent his son, His only, beloved son to come and die for me. Because of that, I don’t have to worry about my future, because I know he holds it. I know that he has my best interest in mind. I can believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that anything that happens in my life, happens for my good because I love Him and am a part of his plan.

I am done with high school, but my life is just getting started. Someday I may just be doing big things in the world. Before I do that though, I want to put out a disclaimer that anything I accomplish in my lifetime is Him not I. I am nothing without Him.

I am thankful for the experiences I have had in high school. They have shaped me into the person I am.

I am beyond excited for this next time of my life. I’m thankful for a lot of amazing people that I have around me. Shoutout my friends, my family, and Jesus. As I enter the next phase of my life, I live for Him and His Glory Alone. HGA

Sincerely,

William H. Stone