The student news site of North Platte High School

The Bulldogger

The Bulldogger

The Bulldogger

Prieto second NPHS FFA member to receive state degree

Meet the Staff

April 19, 2024

Bulldogs of the Month

April 19, 2024

Henderson featured for Kids Klub

April 19, 2024

Thoughts from a “Twilight” newbie

In 2010 everyone wanted to be that girl. With characters like Meredith Grey swarming our screens, the classic pick-me girl began to rise–As actress Ellen Pompeo, creates this term with her line in Grey’s Anatomy being “Pick me, choose me, love me.” But this didn’t start with Meredith Grey, it started with Bella from “Twilight.”

Bella was the formula for every fan-fic under the sun, as the trope for the misunderstood emo girl had become popular; even inspiring “50 Shades of Grey.”

Is her blood an iced latte from the Espresso Shop, because if it was I would also be attracted to her blood.

This was seen in the fashion of the 2010s with the trend of “Scene Emo Fashion” becoming popular during this time.

As for the movie, it follows a basic plot: Bella moves to a town named Forks, Washington. She gets partnered in class with a boy named Edward Cullen and she finds herself falling in love with him. It is later revealed that Edward is a vampire after he stops a moving car from crushing them.

Wow, if I could find love in science class too and he is a vampire it would quite literally be the highlight of my life. Similar to the highlighter that Edward wears when he goes outside.

Nevertheless, Edward is strangely attracted to her because of her blood. Is her blood an iced latte from the Espresso Shop, because if it was I would also be attracted to her blood. Later, a group of vampires go to hunt Bella with her blood being the most appealing—I’m telling you it was an iced latte. She most definitely had type O- blood if they wanted it so bad.

Just wait until vampires find out that blood banks have blood. Those creatures would be walking, no, running to get their taste of some non-diseased blood I donated back in December. How was this not addressed in any vampire movie? Like a vampire that’s a doctor and kills his patients in one fell swoop.

The story follows these human mosquitoes struggling to not drink Bella’s blood. The vampires in this movie remind me of the mosquitoes that try eating me alive in the summer, however they last 24 hours, 365 days a year. Although Bella didn’t have bug spray to keep the vampires away from her she pulls a 180 and becomes a vampire in a later movie. That’s definitely something the in-laws didn’t expect.

Bella is definitely someone everyone wants to be with her pale skin and dark eyes, definitely the “most interesting” person in the world. Not like it has been copied time and time again by different companies all around the world.

“Twilight” is the model for the cliche and shows that the insanely beautiful white girl can find love too.

On a scale of Renesmee to Edwards sparkling jawline, I’d say the movie was a solid eight. For the memes this movie is hilarious in a cringe way, like to a point it’s so bad it’s good.

I consume a lot of romance novels and movies and this was definitely for everyone to put on their watch-list. This story, although cliche, is good. Even when IMBD doesn’t agree with me.