The student news site of North Platte High School

The Bulldogger

The Bulldogger

The Bulldogger

Prieto second NPHS FFA member to receive state degree

Meet the Staff

April 19, 2024

Bulldogs of the Month

April 19, 2024

Henderson featured for Kids Klub

April 19, 2024

Halloween: Yay or Nay?

It’s almost that spooky season; Halloween! (the best holiday in my opinion.)

I asked 10 students at NPHS their favorite scary movie between the Insidious series, IT (the newest one), and The Ring.

Eight out of 10 people said IT was their favorite, meanwhile the Insidious series was second.

Personally, I love most scary movies, but out of those three selected movies; I’d agree with the majority.

IT was just purely funny. I’m not sure about being actually scary, but it was pretty good.

My favorite part was the whole famous “Hi-ya Georgie!” scene. I swear I know it by heart.

What do people like about scary movies? I’ve asked some students their opinion on them.

Junior Ashlyn Thatcher said, “Horror movies are my favorite because I like seeing how twisted someone’s mind can be. They take you through another dimension where everything is just crazy and insane. They can also be really funny.”

I agree with Thatcher’s statement. I like seeing where the writers’ minds go and how they are able to portray it visibly; especially if that movie was a book at first.

With books it’s easier to visualize the description in your own head, but when it’s done right and brought to life, it’s a super surreal experience.