The student news site of North Platte High School

The Bulldogger

The Bulldogger

The Bulldogger

Prieto second NPHS FFA member to receive state degree

Meet the Staff

April 19, 2024

Bulldogs of the Month

April 19, 2024

Henderson featured for Kids Klub

April 19, 2024

Barbenheimer or Oppenbarbie?

To watch or not to watch? And how to watch it?

Two amazing movies but which to watch first?

According to the students here at North Platte High School, people think Barbenheimer’s the way to go.

The main question was, do I want a good laugh before watching a sad movie?

Norah Hardy

Well, I agree with you guys. I’d much rather laugh with Barbie first.

As funny as it was, everyone on TikTok had commented about how Barbie was so meaningful and pictured life as a woman in the real world super well and how men were forgotten in the brand, but I disagree.

I was too busy blasting “I’m Just Ken,” if I’m being honest. I feel like the funnier elements really took away from the main idea it was supposed to have.

Being a woman in ANY time period is super scary, I feel like it should have depicted that more, then I’d understand all the crying TikToks that mentioned the meaning behind it that I didn’t really catch just from the one scene that was actually emotional. (AKA the “What Was I Made For?” scene at the end.)

Upon mentioning how good the Mojo Dojo Casa House was, I think they could’ve done more justice to the original Ken.

They kept throwing him to the side even though the point was to make sure he wasn’t.

It’s a movie of women empowerment but I don’t know why it couldn’t still be about that while empowering men the right way as well.

They needed to find that balance, then I’d give it a 10/10. For now I’d say 7/10. (Still good though)

Now about Oppenheimer, which I was at a loss for words about.

The realisticity of the movie had startled me a little!

I felt like I was on a figurative rollercoaster of emotions during the movie.

To think that all that had actually happened is mind blowing. I feel like as people from small towns, nothing much really happens here.

I know I sometimes forget that this town isn’t the only one. I mean outside of this place, there’s bombing and war going on.

Some people have to run from their own country and leave their houses behind.

Meanwhile I’m complaining about cleaning my room.

This movie really put my place into perspective overall. Their losses were so much more than chipping a nail. The way they portrayed this sequence of events was beautifully painful. 10/10!

Overall these were both great movies with good meanings behind them. I recommend them both, 100%.