Starting fire with matches

Have you ever wondered if your perfect match could be wandering these halls? If the answer is yes, you’re not the only one. Students lined up in the morning, during lunch, and after school to find out the results of the Matchomatics surveys. Jaws were dropping as students were informed of their perfect match. “I didn’t expect these results,” said freshman Regan Gifford.
Some students were matched up with exes, some were matched up with friends, and some were lucky enough to be matched up with their crush. Groups of friends would approach the table together; gasp and giggle at the results, then walk off chattering, and comparing names.
Most students did it for fun. Seniors Jessica Moon and Savannah Larsen both found humor in their results. “I wouldn’t necessarily take it seriously, but it was a good laugh,” Larsen said. “Probably not gonna act on this,” Moon said. She kept things optimistic though, “there is one person on my list I might date.” Larsen agreed that she could possibly see herself with one guy, out of the seniors she matched.
Senior MaKenna Johnson was not thrilled with the first few names on her list, “I’m not sure how I feel about this,” Johnson said. “I would not consider dating anyone in my top 10,” she said after the shock subsided.
Senior SkillsUSA President

said that people were excited about getting their results. “It was fun to see how students reacted when they saw who they were matched up with,” he said.
There was an estimated 825 dollars worth of results sold. Skills USA will get around $1 from every sale. According to Henry, the fundraiser was a success. “Since it was the first year we did it, I didn’t really know what to expect. However, we did make a lot more than I was expecting,” Henry said.