The student news site of North Platte High School

The Bulldogger

The Bulldogger

The Bulldogger

Prieto second NPHS FFA member to receive state degree

Meet the Staff

April 19, 2024

Bulldogs of the Month

April 19, 2024

Henderson featured for Kids Klub

April 19, 2024

News Briefs

North Platte FFA compete at CDEs

“The North Platte FFA chapter competed in their first round of Career Development Events,” Co-Advisor Collin Swedberg said.

The chapter racked four ribbons in varying events with the Sr. Livestock Judging team qualifying for state convention in April 2024.

The Senior Livestock Judging team consisted of Zara Prieto, 12, Wyatt Thompson, 11, Presley Pettera, 10, and Lane Heil, 11.

NPHS student, alum crowned in Chadron

Junior Addi Carter was crowned Miss Chadron Teen alongside NPHS alum Lexi Nolda, on Oct. 10.

There were six contestants in the pageant’s teen category, with only five in the Miss Chadron category.

The pageant was held in the Chadron High School’s auditorium. The auditorium doors opened at 5 p.m. and the pageant followed soon after.

The contestants competed in several segments, including Talent, Interview, On Stage Questions, Evening Gown and Physical Fitness/Athletic Wear.

Carter will compete at NPHS in June for the title of Miss Nebraska’s Teen. Nolda was crowned Miss Chadron, the next level up from Carter, and will compete for the Miss Nebraska title at the same time.

SkillsUSA attend conference in Columbus

Members of SkillsUSA attended the Mid-America Leadership Conference in Columbus the weekend on Oct. 20.

Members also competed in contests at the conference in Columbus. Four out of the five members placed in the top three.

Brena Melton—3rd, Opening & Closing Ceremony

Karter Songster—2nd, Chapter Business Procedure

Anthony Anway—2nd, Job Skill Demonstration

Brayden Smith—2nd, Extemporaneous Speaking

Brody Messersmith—1st, Prepared Speech

Cross country compete at state

North Platte High School Cross Country had three runners compete at the state meet on Oct. 20.

“The boys’ team missed qualifying by three points at districts the week prior, and the girls team was close as well,” head coach Jake Hasenauer said, “so it was disappointing to not have both full teams be able to represent, but grateful for the three runners we had competing.”

Junior Jada Hothan finished 40th and finished with a personal record.

“She battled tough to the very end and I was proud of how she competed,” Hasenauer said.

Freshman Jack Knapp finished 48th and was the first freshman in class A to cross the finish line.

“It was a great first state meet for him to get experience and finishing as top freshman in the largest class is a great spot to be,” Hasenauer said.

Senior Rian Teets finished just behind Knapp.

“Rian capped off his career on a high note running at state all four years of his high school career,” Hasenauer said. “This is a feat that not many accomplish. He is only one of three North Platte Bulldog boys in the past 30 years to qualify for state four years in a row.”