The student news site of North Platte High School

The Bulldogger

The Bulldogger

The Bulldogger

Prieto second NPHS FFA member to receive state degree

Meet the Staff

April 19, 2024

Bulldogs of the Month

April 19, 2024

Henderson featured for Kids Klub

April 19, 2024

News Briefs

FFA competes at district contest

North Platte FFA competed in their first Career Development Event at the D&N Event Center in North Platte on Jan. 31.

Two teams qualified for the state contest: the Agrisicence team of Hayden Albertson, Tucker Talbott, Mackenzie Brown and Jaicee Fox, and the Ag Mechanics team of Lane Heil, Jake Henry, Jaxton Robinson and Wyatt Thompson.

FFA will compete in a second round of CDEs on Feb. 21 before they go to the state convention in Lincoln from April 3-5.

Two girl wrestlers advance to state

In its second year in action, North Platte High School sent seven Lady Bulldogs to the district wrestling tournament in Broken Bow, with two advancing to Omaha.

Moving on to the state tournament were Suubi Alexander (130 pounds) and Jade Stockton (110 pounds).

Thirteen boy wrestlers to compete at state

After sending a wrestler in each weight class to the district wrestling tournament, 13 will be moving on to the next level.

Those heading to Omaha in March include:

Brody Pitner – 106

Ty Haneborg – 113

DeLo Mata – 120

Izayah Plunk – 126

Kirk Wilson – 132

Tyson Smith – 138

Jace Kennel* – 144

Ethan Jackson – 150

Lathan Huntsman* – 157

Brenttyn Boe – 165

Xavier Albertson –190

Will Rathjen – 215

Alex Gove – 285

* Denotes district champion.

NPHS teacher honored by NSAA

North Platte High School’s Brian Jahnke was chosen as a recipient of the NSAA Champions for Coaches award.

According to a press release from the NSAA, the “Champions for Coaches program was designed to honor active coaches who go above and beyond for kids and the community.” 

Jahnke was nominated and selected for going above and beyond for kids and the community while coaching the Bulldog girls swimming and diving team.

“It’s an honor to receive it,” Jahnke said. “I’m blessed to have coached for so many years.

NP to send 15 to state swim, dive

Bulldog swim and dive had 14 swimmers and one diver qualify for state based on their performance at districts.

At districts, the Bulldogs broke two school records in the boys 200 medley relay and the boys 200 free relay.

The following will get to compete at the state swim and dive meet in Lincoln Feb. 22-24:

Dive – Mackenzie Bruns

Swimming –  girls:  Lyndee Friedrich, Sydney Hatch, Kate Kautz, Kasidi Snyder, Nora Wehr, Tzeitel Wehr and Whitney Wehr.

Swimming – boys:  David Fitzpatrick, Cooper Leibhart, Elliott Longmore, Levi Luenenborg, Jaxon Minshull, Tanner Schmid-Sutton and Noah Short

NPHS all-school musical to produce ‘Descendants’

In this year’s all-school musical production, the children of the most-famous villians travel to the land of the good guys to go to school.

Mal, daughter of Maleficent, will be played by senior Haylee Nolda, Evie daughter of the Evil Queen will be played by sophomore Naomi Dekleva, Jay son of Jafar will be played by senior Levi Luenenborg, and Carlos son of Cruella De Vil will be played by senior Noah Short.

The show will be held in the Performing Arts Center March 14 and 15 at 7 p.m. and March 17 at 2 p.m.

Tickets are available now at www.showtix4u.com