Senior spotlight

Joseph Roeder

Senior+spotlight

Sawyer Davis-Magnuson, Editor-In-Chief

Roeder is content with his senior year. “I’m sad that I’m going t be leaving a lot of close friends and people that I’m not close to.” “Personally, I’ve done what high school has needed for me to do and I am ready to go into my future.”

Over his high school career, Roeder has been involved in theater, speech, musical, blue and gold singers, marching band, student council and bulldog ambassadors.

“One of the most impactful moments I’ve ever had was when I played Buddy the Elf my sophomore year, because it was the first time I got a lead in a show. Feeling the lights on me and everything really changed my mindset.”

Roeder works at the Cedar room and helps out with his dad’s career.

His mentor is his dad.

”I look up to my dad a lot, his story of how he found god and how he became the man he is a very impactful one to me.”

Along with his dad, the teacher who has impacted him most was Mrs. McDaniel.

“She has helped me through a lot, and I have come a long way with her.”

Roeder is often busy with all of his activities. When he does have time, he likes to spend it driving around and listening to music.

Roeder collects swords, knives and tattoos.

“Each tattoo represents something that’s important to my life,” he said.

Roeder has a music tattoo, the word “imagine,” a couple of superhero tattoos, a cross on his back, a matching tattoo with his sister and plans to get more in the future.

Roeder’s post-graduation plans include the Kearney Bound program.

“Right now I’m planning to go to UNK to get a degree in Biochemistry with a minor in theater.”

With college just around the corner, Roeder hopes to enjoy the rest of high school.

“Life sucks, so you have to have as much fun in it while you can.”