The student news site of North Platte High School

The Bulldogger

The Bulldogger

The Bulldogger

Prieto second NPHS FFA member to receive state degree

Meet the Staff

April 19, 2024

Bulldogs of the Month

April 19, 2024

Henderson featured for Kids Klub

April 19, 2024

Meet the Staff

Phinehas Wiezorek, staff writer

This is Phinehas Wiezorek’s first year as a staff writer on the Bulldogger.

He is a musical fanatic; he watched four professional shows this year. His favorite musical is Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber, which he watched in London’s “His Majesty’s Theatre”. Wiezorek is a five-star traveler and traveled to five countries in the summer of 2023.

Phinehas Wiezorek

“It was the best experience of my life,” he said. “I would live in London if I could. It was beautiful.” But this isn’t where his travels started as he was in attendance at Nebraska High School Theatre Academy (NHSTA) earlier that summer.

Wiezorek loves the holidays with his favorite being Halloween. He loves seeing his loved ones dressed up in costumes and he enjoys trick-or-treating with his nephew. Wiezorek loves the holidays because of his mother.

“My mom literally is the coolest person ever, she always goes all out for the holidays. My mom always recruits my dad to do the craziest things with Halloween,” Wiezorek said.

“There was one time I went home and started cleaning the dishes and there was an alligator in the sink. An actual alligator.”

This sense of intenseness with the holidays really inspires Wiezorek with his sense of music and home decor. “I really enjoy maximalist decor, my mom and I will send photos we find on Pinterest of maximalist houses and interior design,” he said.

Wiezorek dreams of being an actor on Broadway and a choir teacher.

“I see what my teachers do when putting on a show and it inspires me to want to do music and acting for the rest of my life,” he said. “Mrs. Purdy is such an inspiration; her genuine love and enjoyment when it comes to teaching inspires me to want to be a teacher. I really love that I have my support system supporting me through my shenanigans as an actor and musician.”

Wiezorek is active in many activities at NPHS. He is active in journalism, concert choir, Blue and Gold singers, fall play, advanced acting, speech, Student Council and musical.