May Teacher of the Month

00015Wendy Brown

Math Teacher

What advice would you give students for next year? I think students would really benefit from realizing it’s very important to retain their knowledge.  Sometimes when it’s easy to learn it’s also easy to forget.  Also, time goes so fast, many students don’t realize how important high school is, especially to higher education. When students are freshmen and sophomores, college and their future career seem so far away, and the “now” is all that’s a concern. But high school is such a short time in perspective to the rest of your life, and doing your best now will influence the rest of your life. So please do your best now!
What would you have done differently this year? Well there’s always room for improvement.  Every year I think about how to help students understand math, and retain what they learn. I would love to implement a way to have students teach each other what they’ve learned, and I was going to somehow do that this year but I didn’t.  Also I should have been on a diet this whole year, but….
What do you plan to do for the summer? I am moving to DC this summer, and will be looking for a job first and foremost!  Also I will be working part time tutoring for SAT’s. But along with that I will be spending time with my kids, which I’m most excited for, and then going to the beach and just having fun because DC is never boring!
Fun Fact: I would like to go to Dubai someday.