From parents in prison to those who have passed, parents absent from students’ lives affects them in ways you may not have thought about. (Sophia Walsh)
From parents in prison to those who have passed, parents absent from students’ lives affects them in ways you may not have thought about.

Sophia Walsh

How absent parents affect students’ lives

December 19, 2019

View Comments(1)
About the Contributors
Photo of Jewels Zeiler
Jewels Zeiler, Feature Editor

I'm a Sophomore. This is my first year on the Bulldogger. I joined the Bulldogger because writing has always been a huge part of my life and I wanted...

Photo of Sophia Walsh
Sophia Walsh, Editor in Chief

Hi, I’m Sophia Walsh. I’m the Editor-In-Chief for The Bulldogger and I have been a part of the newspaper staff for four years. In the span of my newspaper...

The Bulldogger • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (1)

All The Bulldogger Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• K

Kelly HansonDec 19, 2019 at 12:52 PM

This was a fantastic article! It made me cry. My father passed away when I was seven years old. I remember so clearly the day when my sisters and brothers were suddenly taken over to the neighbors. We were actually watching the moon landing when my mom arrived. Her eyes were red from crying and we didn’t understand what was happening. She took us home and told us that our dad had died that day. After that, I can’t remember much of anything Your article is so true! You can’t imagine how it affects a child to lose a parent. It’s been many years but every year around the time my dad passed I have a tearful day. I was fortunate to have a mom that was always there for me and my sisters and brothers. It made the difference, but I sure could relate to article. Thanks for writing it!

Reply
1