Filed under People

Not just a half-pipe dream

Back to Article
Back to Article

Not just a half-pipe dream

Have you ever thought about being an owner of your own business but thought you were too young? That’s not how freshman Brodie Lienemann felt! Lienemann’s the sole owner of Caravan Skate Shop.

Before telling you all about Lienemann’s big achievement here’s some quick facts about him. Lienemann started skating at six-years-old when he got his first skateboard on Easter. He’s been in love with it ever since. Before obtaining the ownership of the shop, he worked there when he was 13, so he already knew some of the inner workings of the business.

About three months ago, the former owner Brandon Raby lost his lease on the skate shop, and it was about to close down. Lienemann couldn’t let that happen, so he swooped in and bought it from Raby. According to Lienemann, Raby was a little sad to see the shop go but was happy it was getting a passionate, new owner. “I mean he was probably a little sad he was losing his shop,” said Lienemann “He’s been doing it for a really long time.”

At first, it was difficult for him to start up. Things like filing for a tax ID and keeping up with the payments proved to be a challenge but as he’s continued, it’s gotten easier for him. “I had to file for a tax ID [and other] complex stuff in the beginning,” said Lienemann.

As of now, the shop doesn’t have a storefront but is in the basement of Lienemann’s home. The shop sells everything you’d need to outfit your skating needs online on their website, www.caravanskateshop.com. Items include the deck of the board to the bearings of the wheels, as well as skating clothes and shoes. He also offers a delivery service where he’ll bring your order straight to your door.

About the Writer
Sophia Walsh, Opinion Editor

I’m the Opinion editor and have been in newspaper for two years. I’ve lettered in journalism and plan to go to school for Journalism and Mass Communications!...