PDA is (not) okay?

Zak Folchert

Junior Samuel Brumfield and sophomore Jessica Renfrow are seen walking into the school holding hands, a form of PDA. “It’s not too far. That one I am okay with,” said junior Nirvana Mendoza.

Walking down the hall, a couple is making out in the hallway. They are all over each other making the hallway not only awkward, but almost impassable. This begs the question: With PDA, how far is too far?

Is holding hands okay?
Holding hands is one of the most common PDA you see in school. “I personally don’t like to hold hands in public, but I don’t have a problem with kids holding hands down the halls as long as it’s appropriate,” said principal James Ayres. ​“It’s only weird when the couple makes it awkward like when they are walking far apart or when they hold their pinkies,” said freshman Maggie Lashley. “It’s just cheesy,” said freshman Steven Garcia.
Final Verdict: Okay

Is hugging okay?
“I hug all the time, but it’s friendly. If it’s over dramatic that’s super weird, you know what I’m saying?” Garcia said. “Don’t rock back and forth and rub each other’s back,” Lashley said. Ayres says quick hugs are fine. “When they sit there and embrace and don’t let go, then it gets awkward. They continue to hold, and I’m like, ‘Okay, you need to let go.’” He says after about seven seconds, it reaches the point where he doesn’t like it. ​”If it’s a quick hug, then it’s cool. If they’re rocking back and forth, then they need to leave room for the Holy Spirit,” junior Nirvana Mendoza said. “Don’t make it too much, a hug is a hug,” was Garcia’s final advice.
Final Verdict: Okay

Is kissing in school okay?
Most people are less than enthusiastic about seeing kids kiss. “I know people are different, and outside the school, it’s okay if it’s quick, and it’s for a goodbye,” said Ayres. He draws the line when it’s inside school or hot and heavy. “If it’s long and they’re all over each other, then that’s when it’s not okay,” he said. Some students have a different opinion. “Eww. If anyone thinks that the halls are a romantic place, they are wrong,” Lashley said. “I don’t want to a see couple vacuuming each other’s faces as I’m walking in the halls. It makes me feel disgusted and uncomfortable, especially if I can see your tongue,” said Mendoza. “Come on kiddos, this is escuela (school). You lizards should put your tongues away,” Garcia said.
Final Verdict: Not Okay. Seriously, just stop.