On the climb to cut some time

In every sport there is that one breakthrough player who comes out of nowhere and surprises everyone. It’s not very often that a freshman is already at the top of the team. This year, freshman Joel Bradley is one of those few. He won first place in the 1600-meter run at middle school state track last year with a time of 4 minutes, 54seconds and this year he has been doing shockingly good on the cross-country course. He got the fastest time on the team this year at the Cozad Invite. He has been beaten only by senior Isaac Banuelos at he McCook Invite “The team is very inviting of a freshman that can beat them,” Bradley said. “They are very supportive to the each other and me in general.” Bradley has placed high in several meets.
Bradley is very motivated but his motivation is not what you might expect.

He is very passionate about his faith and really likes to share it with others. “My motivation has been being able to share Christianity with everyone I meet,” Bradley said.

Bradley has received ample support from his parents and older brother, Christian Bradley. Bradley ran cross-country when he was in high school also. He has many goals to get better, but his main goal is to be the best him he can be. He strives for that on and off the course.  Going into the final stages of the cross-country season, he is hoping to keep getting better. The cross-country team heads to GNAC today and will try to extend their season at Districts on Thursday Oct. 13.