Waves of Experience

Will Stone, Sports Editor

The North Platte Swim team is hitting the pool for the 2015-2016 season. The team brings back a lot of major contributors. “We have a lot of depth coming back for girls and boys. The girls’ returning state qualifiers are seniors Cassidy Eggers, Kelly Fitzpatrick, and Kayleigh Wagner also juniors Katie McIntyre and Syble Heffernan. Heffernan is in the 200 Individual Medley and 100 Breastroke. The boys returning qualifiers are: Seniors Ethan Darling and Brian Kennedy also junior Zak Folchert in the relay events,” coach Brian Jahnke said.

Jahnke is very excited to have three meets in McCook against the Bison. “We are excited to swim at the McCook YMCA 3 times this year. We seem to swim well there on a consistent basis.”
There are some other high points on the team this season. “Senior Morgan Raska and junior Quentone Larson are both divers and I expect big things from them this season. On the girls side I look for some young talent to help out these include but aren’t limited to freshmen Mirabella Pigati and Hunter Rathjen. For the boys sophomore Zane Leibhart and freshman Montana Heffernan.”
Jahnke said the team is larger than it usually is, “We have the most girls and boys out for swimming/diving this season than we’ve ever had. It has been interesting developing the practice sessions, but the kids are very positive and work hard which makes it all worthwhile.”
The first meet of the season is the Hastings Invite, tomorrow December 5, at 9:00 a.m.