Jackrabbits, Giants, and Falcons, Oh my!

Will Stone, Sports Editor

To anyone who ever said intramurals is informal and non-competive has never watched the Little Giants or the Falcons play. In the whole league this year, the matchup of these two teams, is the one to watch. They’ve already faced off once this season, with the Little Giants getting the best of the Falcons 25-24.
After the game, the Little Giants were confident in their abilities. “We’re the best, and we’re going to win the championship.”

Junior Kort Steele’s only response was, “We only lost by one, and we’ll play [The Little Giants] two more times this season.” Fellow junior Konner Sonneman thinks the Falcons could really have a chance.

History teacher Casey Werkmeister gave some advice to Falcons “Don’t say anything. Just settle it on the court.” The league is heating up, and only one game has been played.

In the Freshmen/Sophomore division, after one night of competition, the clear early favorite would be the Pride. Led by captain, Thomas Hoatson, a sophomore, the Pride dismantled the Jackrabbits 25-3. If you haven’t watched an intramural game, you better go check it out. There are two more days of games between now and Christmas break. Tuesday, December 8, and Thursday, December 10 boast games from 7 to 8:30 in the Dawg House.